I’m excited to present Photoshop and Illustrator keyboard shortcut cheat sheets for Adobe CS6 from ZeroLag. They designed it specifically with graphic designers in mind. They also provided code below the graphics so you can share it on your blog to help improve the productivity of fellow graphic designers. There are printer-friendly versions that fit perfectly on letter-size paper for quick referencing.
I hope you enjoy these tips on self promotion in the design field.
- Do something different – Dream up some caper that isn’t on this list and put it into action with characteristic flair.
- Talk to (real) people – Don’t just talk to designers, talk to everyone and anyone.
- Stay in touch – Exchanging favors is what makes the world go round.
- Target your audience – It’s no good getting a database of random design firms and sending them all an email.
- Initiate your own projects – Don’t just complain about being unable to do the type of work you want to be doing – do something about it.
- Collaborate – Creative people spark when they’re brought together.
- Don’t be a stalker – Meeting people in the flesh is undeniably worthwhile, but sometimes you just have to accept that people are busy.
- Put your name on the work – Think about it: what’s one of the first things people look for once they’ve clocked a masterpiece? The signature.
- Go postal (snail mail) – If you can’t get there yourself, why not send a little something to keep your work fresh in people’s minds
- Learn to submit – Publishers sometimes invite open submissions for their titles, so submitting work to these books and magazines is a great way of getting your work into people’s hands.
- Win hearts and minds – Always be prepared to stand up for what you believe in, but make sure you’re the kind of person people enjoy hanging out with.
- Be in the competition – Granted, you might put in a lot of effort and get nothing in return, but that’s the nature of competitions.
- Think like a brand – If your promotional efforts are going to pay off, they have to be leading to a consistent point – that is, your brand.
- Blog for self motivation – If you have a lively blog with interesting content, it can be a real winner in more ways than one.
- Be enthusiastic – Being genuinely excited about a project will not only get you remembered by the client and fellow creatives, but also helps inspire everyone else involved to give it their all.
This great deck shows a broad history of Graphic Design from its coinage to the practices of responsive design going on today. Graphic design is the art or profession of combining text, pictures, and ideas in advertisements, publication, or website. At its widest definition, it therefore includes the whole history of art, although painting and other aspects of the subject are more usually treated as art history.
In this free Photoshop tutorial we’ll be covering the techniques used to extract and apply textures from one animal to another – combining two animals with photoshop.
Using just a few key tools and the Overlay blend mode, you’ll see how simple it can be to combine your own favorite animals. You won’t be limited to only creating zebra-elephant hybrids, as the methods used in this tutorial will work across a multitude of animal types and even objects.
The Facebook Like Button Plugin adds the Facebook like button before and after your blog post.
Download it at the WordPress Repository